Wednesday 18 September 2019

Fourth Day of DFI

Today was all about creating sites.
The pedagogy behind Manaiakalani was reviewed, and multi-modal was reviewed as a foundation of how we should be setting up our sites.
I had set up a departmental site approximately 5 years ago, which has been transferred onto the new google sites, which required about 5 hours of 're-jigging' to get it to work. The main idea with this is to put all resources and information on, so that students can go onto the site in order to review/refresh their learning.

We were asked to create a site; this was a challenge as I couldn't immediately think of something which I wanted to make a site about. I settled on the school trip to Cambodia in a couple of weeks; this site can also double as an exemplar for Year 9 students when they are studying other cultures during either the Migration or Kiwi Culture units.
It was a bit of a 'refresher' for me, as it was a while since I'd set up a site; I have been editing and adding to my current site, but it was good to go back to the basics again and remind myself how to do things.
I'm not sure if I will go to the bother of creating a new site for every topic I plan to teach - this seems to be a bit of an overkill at the moment. I will probably create a new section onto the departmental site, in order to keep expanding the choices available to students each year. 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Room 11, I did! If you get the opportunity when you are older I highly recommend Cambodia as a place to visit. The more you try the more you get out of the trip!

      Delete